Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WiND


I really love this song because of its imagery. Is it written in the most beautiful of English? Not really. Still, the image it evokes is still heart-wrenching that it doesn't matter what vocabulary that was used.

A caged bird is still the son of the wind.


MONGOL800
Momo (Peach)

I want to fly over the ocean mama.
I want to fly over the mountain daddy.

The wind blows from the south.
The trees are swaying by the wind.

I dreamed I was a bird.
But I was in the cage.
Please let me go outside, I was crying all day long.
But I will be here for the rest of my life dreaming of flying all over the sky.

I want to go over the ocean.
I’m a son of the wind.
I want to go over the rainbow.
I’m a son of the sunshine.
I can fly only in my dreams.

I don’t want to cry anymore.
Let’s sing a lullaby.
I don’t want to cry.

The stars are crying with me tonight.
Can you hear me? Voice of the wind.
The sun is shining bright in the sky.
There is a blue moon and thousands of stars.
And the moonlight lights up the way to go.

モンゴル800
百々

この空を飛べたらな
母さんなる海を渡り 父さんなる山を越えて
この空を飛べたらな

風は南から吹いている
木々は風に揺れている

鳥になった夢を見た
だけど私はカゴの中
外へ出たくて一日中泣いたんだ
だけど私は一生カゴの中
大空羽ばたく夢を見る

海を渡り 虹を超える
我は風の子 太陽の子
夢の中では飛べるのさ

泣くのはゴメンだ。
誰か子守唄でも唄ってよ
もう泣きたくなんかないよ
今夜も星様が一緒に泣いてくれるのさ

聞こえるかい? 風の声
お空で歌うお天道様
蒼い月に千の星
月の光が照らす道

[NOTE: Full explanation in the ALBUMS section on why I'm translating this. Quick summation of why: It's fun, and the original lyrics and the japanese translation don't actually match up one-hundred percent]

If wish I could fly across mother sea,
and cross over father mountain
I wish I could fly

The wind is blowing in from the south,
and the trees are swaying in that wind.

I had a dream where I was a bird
But I was in a cage
I cried all day to leave for the outside
but I'll be in this cage for the rest of my life
dreaming of flapping my winds through the heavens

Crossing the ocean, and over the rainbows,
I'm the son of the wind, I'm the son of the sun
I fly only in my dreams

I'm sorry for crying,
Anyone, sing a lullaby!
I don't want to cry anymore
I wonder if tonight, too, the stars will cry with me

Can you hear it? The voice of the wind
It sings through the skies, and up to god
There are thousands stars and a blue moon
The moonbeams light up the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment